The Legend Company was started in 1947 by Mr. Alec Cochrane in North Wales, England. After being discharged from the Army, Mr. Cochrane opened a shop which sold a range of hand-crafted souvenirs. By 1950, he had commenced with producing decorative plates, plaques and heads. The first head that was commissioned was the Welsh Lady.
The company employed many talented sculptors, including Mr. Fred Wright, who also worked for Bossons, but returned to Legend Lanein the mid 1980s and molded additional character heads. The company is now run by Alec Cochrane’s son, David, and his wife, Sheila.